Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 16 - Plyometrics

So still a bit sick - I went to the doctor yesterday, and it's all viral so nothing I can do about it - but I've been working, went running 2 miles this morning, and did p90x. I AM NOT missing a day and starting over. I'm committed, and I'll do the whole thing.

While at the doctor, I asked him why my tummy ALWAYS gets bloated whenever I eat ANYTHING. I told him that in high school I had all these tests done and they never told me what it was - but never did a lactose intolerant test. He said we would take one xray and see where to go from there. He took an xray, and showed me all the black spots that go all the way up to my ribs. Here's the gross part - it's all gas or stool. And the healthier I eat, the worse bloating I get. STUPID. lol Eric said to the doctor, so are you saying she's supposed to eat processed foods? lol and he said NO. It just means that I have to find a good balance of foods- and it will take a while. But he said if I took xrays of all different people, I would be able to tell like it was night and day, people who eat healthy and people who don't. Anyway, to make a long story short - I have IBS - probably my genetics, and there's nothing I can do about it.

That being said, he's also having me keep a food diary for the next five days so he can tell me how to fix the combinations of food I'm eating, AND what my metabolic rate is, so that I can lose weight and maintain my weight instead of letting my genetics get the best of me. It will be a cool thing to know, and better know my body. The doctor is proud I'm doing this so young instead of waiting until I have a horrible problem. YAY FOR ME! :)

Anywho, plyometrics was good today! I'm on my third week and can tell a HUGE difference from the first time I did plyo. We'll see how the results turn out after 90 days, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment